Courtesy of Kelly Jepsen
Goal of research
What is the purpose of this research — what are you trying to learn/understand?
- Time in position:
- Software they use:
- Any additional information:
- Tell us about your role:
- What are your goals and objectives?
- What are you responsible for?
- What are your top priorities?
Specific questions about certain tasks/areas you’re wanting to learn about.
- How often would you do X?
- How many times would you do Y during X?
- How long would this typically take you to do?
- Does anyone help you complete X or Y?
- Why might someone help you?
- Does this make the process better or worse?
- Why do you feel you need to do X or Y?
- Do you feel it’s important?
Ask them to talk through the last time they performed a certain task, and the steps involved throughout that process.
- When was the last time you did X?
- Could you describe the steps in this process?
- How did you feel at each step?
- What were the negative aspects?
- Did everything go according to plan?
- How would you improve this experience?
- What other software have you used in the past to complete X?
- What did you like/not like?
- What companies have you had a great experience with?
- What impressed you most about these experiences?
- Do you believe there is anything that we haven’t covered today?
- Is were anything else we haven’t considered that is important?
- Do you have any questions for us?